Skip to Content

San Luis Obispo County, California


Forms & Fees



The Plaintiff’s Claim and Order To Go To Court (SC-100) is the form to complete to initiate your lawsuit. Small claims forms can be obtained in person at any of the branch courts, online at and at the self-help legal website at . If you live outside the county and need forms sent to you by the court, parties will need to send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the court along with their request.


The San Luis Obispo Superior Court Small Claims Division no longer requires that you type any forms. All forms must be printed in ink. The court in its discretion may reject forms due to illegibility.


If you are a business, additional forms may be required at the time of filing your claim. You may wish to consult with the Small Claims Advisor regarding limits in small claims, and how to list a business name and serve a business.



Filing Fees:

The filing fee is based on the amount of your claim and the number of claims you have filed in the past 12 months. 

Filing claim for $1,500 or less:   $30.00

Filing claim for more than $1,500 but less or equal to $5,000:  $50.00

Filing claim for more than $5,000 but less or equal to $10,000 (natural persons only):  $75.00  


If you have filed more than 12 claims in the past 12 months, the filing fee is $100 (for any claim amount).  Filing fees change, so make sure you check to see what the current filing fees for small claims cases are at the time of your filing.