Board of Supervisors Agenda
The County Administrative Office is responsible for preparing the agendas for Board of Supervisors meetings. The order of business for the Board meetings is arranged by the County Administrative Officer and Board Chairperson, except for matters set for a specific time by the Board.
The Brown Act requires local legislative bodies in California to post agendas at least 72 hours in advance of public meetings and include brief descriptions of each item that will be discussed during those meetings. However, the County goes above and beyond these requirements. Board of Supervisors meeting agendas are posted online six days prior to each meeting and agenda packets are published online five days prior to each meeting.
Board of Supervisors Meeting Calendar
2018 Board of Supervisors Meetings:
Please note that the following dates may be subject to change.
- January 9 & 23
- February 6 & 20
- March 6 & 20
- April 3 & 17
- May 1 & 15
- June 5, 11, 12, 13, & 19
- July 10 & 17
- August 7 & 21
- September 11 &18
- October 2, 9, & 16
- November 6 & 20
- December 4 & 11
2018 Special Meetings for the Board of Supervisors:
- Swearing-in Ceremony: January 9
- Strategic Planning: February 20 and October 9
- Budget Hearings: June 11 - 13
Questions About the Board of Supervisors Agenda
If you have any questions about the Board's agenda or any item within the agenda, contact the County Administrative Office at (805) 781-5011.
Download the Calendars
Instructions for importing an iCal (.ics) file to your Outlook calendar:
- Click on File Tab | Open & Export.
- Under Open, click Import/Export.
- Highlight "Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs).
- Choose the location where the iCalendar (.ics) file is saved and click on OK.
- Once the file is chosen the data will import to Open as New or Import.
- When the Open as New option is chosen, the file will open as a separate Calendar in addition
- your Personal Exchange Calendar.
- Click the Import option to add the data to your Personal Exchange calendar.
The Board meetings are broadcast live on television (cable channel 21) and online via the County's website (see above for the link to watch or listen). Televised broadcasts are replayed periodically throughout the week. The Board of Supervisors meetings start at 9:00 a.m. in the County Government Center Board Chambers located at 1055 Monterey Street, Room D-170, San Luis Obispo.
Can’t see the meeting information or agendas?
The meeting information and agendas box should appear on this screen. If it does not, please update your internet browser. Otherwise, use this temporary Live and Archived Public Meetings
tool to help you find what you’re looking for.