Latino Outreach Program
What is this service?
One of the first programs funded through the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA), this service provides a full array of mental health services in the community that are culturally appropriate for both Latino adults and children/youth.
Therapists in the program are Bilingual/Bicultural and work to increase access to mental health care for monolingual Latinos and to eliminate the stigma associated with mental illness and treatment amongst the Latino population.
Please phone 1 (800) 838-1381 for information or to schedule an appointment.
Who can use this service?
Latino Outreach Program participants must meet medical necessity for Specialty Mental Health Services and want their services in Spanish.
Is there a charge for this service?
Ongoing services are free for SLO Medi-Cal (CenCal) beneficiaries with full scope Medi-Cal. We help SLO residents who do not have Medi-Cal find resources and may provide some services on a sliding scale basis.
There is no cost to families for Educationally Related Mental Health Services (ERMHS).
When and where is this service offered?
This service is available throughout the year during regular business hours except during scheduled holidays.
Services are available at the following Clinic and Family Resource Centers sites:
- Paso Robles Drug and Alcohol Clinic 1763 Ramada Dr., PR, CA 93446 (805) 226-3200
- North County Clinic 5575 Hospital Way, Atascadero, Ca93422 (805) 461-6060
- San Luis Obispo Youth Services Clinic 1989 Vicente St. #12, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405 (805) 781-4179
- Sunnyside Elementary School 880 Manzanita Drive, Los Osos, CA 93402
- Prevention and Outreach Division 277 South St. Suite T, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- South County Clinic 354 S. Halcyon Rd., Arroyo Grande, CA 93420 (805) 473-7060
- South County SAFE 1086 Grande Ave, Arroyo Grande, CA 93420 (805) 474-2105
- Oceano Family Resource Center 1511 19th St., Oceano, CA 93445 (805) 474-3690
- Nipomo Family Resource Center 920 W. Tefft St., Nipomo , CA 93444 (805) 473-4373
Some services are delivered at school sites by arrangement.
Location, directions and hours of operation
Click on location name to show hours of operation, directions and phone information
Services Affirming Family Empowerment (SAFE)
1086 East Grand Avenue Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
Paso Robles Drug & Alcohol Services
1763 Ramada Drive Paso Robles, CA 93446
San Luis Obispo Adult Mental Health Services
2178 Johnson Avenue San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
San Luis Obispo Youth Mental Health Services
1989 Vicente Drive San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Arroyo Grande Youth Mental Health Services
354 South Halcyon Road Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
Atascadero Youth & Adult Mental Health Services
5575 Hospital Drive Atascadero, CA 93422
Prevention & Outreach Services
277 South Street Suite T San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access these services?
Services can be accessed by calling 1 (800) 838-1381.
How long will it take to see a therapist?
Generally you can see a therapist for an assessment within fourteen (14) days.
Can I see someone sooner than 14 days?
Call 1 (800) 838-1381 and explain your situation. A clinician is there and can assist you in accessing more urgent services as needed.
Please contact our access line at 1 (800) 838-1381 for information or to schedule an appointment. All services are available in Spanish.