2017-18 Surface Treatment Construction to Begin on Various County Roads
Author: Public Works
5/17/2018 3:39:05 PM
The County of San Luis Obispo Department of Public Works will begin construction to resurface the pavement on various roads beginning May 21, 2018 and is expected to be completed in August 2018. The work will include placing an asphalt slurry seal on approximately 66 miles of roadway. This project is part of the County’s annual pavement management program and will extend the life of the pavement.
The locations of construction sites are shown on the attached vicinity maps and include:
- Lopez Lake – Lopez Drive near the lake entrance
- West of Paso Robles – Cypress Mountain Drive, Adelaida Road and Peachy Canyon Road
- Southeast of San Miguel – Wellsona Road, Von Dollen Road/Ranchita Canyon Road and Hog Canyon Road
- Cambria – Main Street and Burton Drive
- Los Osos – Los Osos Valley Road and streets in Bay Ridge
- Oceano – Roads east of Hwy 1 and near the airport
- Nipomo Mesa – South of Hwy 1 near Halcyon Road
- Nipomo – Pomeroy Road
For the safety of the public and the workers, traffic will be subject to detours, lane closures, or reduced to one-way controls with flaggers. During the application of the slurry seal, vehicle access will be limited for up to four hours. The major work is expected to be completed within one day on each street. Notices will be posted on each street at least 72 hours in advance of the work.
The work is required to maintain the pavement integrity to avoid costly repairs in the future, and to provide safe roads. The project is funded by San Luis Obispo County General Fund contributions to the Road Pavement Management Program. Sierra Nevada Construction, Inc. has been awarded the contract for $2,177,607 to perform the work.
See provided construction site maps