Installation of Dynamic Feedback Signs to Begin on Various County Roads
Author: Public Works
5/24/2018 1:16:05 PM
The County of San Luis Obispo Department of Public Works will begin construction to install 22 dynamic feedback signs at specific curves on the county road network. The project is federally funded through the Highway Safety Improvement Program. Work is scheduled to start on May 29, 2018 and continue into late
This project will improve road safety for public motorists by providing real time speed information to motorist against the recommended advisory speed for the specific curve.
The highway curve sites include:
• San Luis Obispo – Vachell Lane at Buckley Road
• San Luis Obispo – Corbett Canyon Road, South of Tiffany Ranch Road
• Templeton – Creston Road at Neal Springs Road
• Templeton – El Pomar Drive at Moss Lane
• Templeton – El Pomar Drive at Vaquero Road
• Nipomo – Division Street, East of Bonita School Road
• Nipomo – Division Street, South of South Las Flores Drive
• Nipomo – Hutton Road at Joshua Street
• Nipomo – Orchard Avenue at Joshua Street
• Santa Margarita – El Camino Real, South of Santa Margarita Road
• Arroyo Grande – Los Berros Road, South of Falcon Crest Drive
• Arroyo Grande – Los Berros Road, South of Century Lane
• Arroyo Grande – Valley Road, North of Sunrise Terrace
• Paso Robles – Vineyard Drive at Dover Canyon Road
For the safety of the public and workers, a minimum of one-lane of traffic will be opened to the public with approximately 10-minute delays. Motorists are advised to adjust their travel plans and consider alternative routes.
Lee Wilson Electric Company, Inc. of Arroyo Grande has been awarded the contract for $286,471 to perform the work.
For more information, please feel free to contact Pete Newel at (805) 781-5281 or (805) 440-6791.