The County of San Luis Obispo is inviting interested persons to submit their applications to participate on the countywide advisory committee called the “Homeless Services Oversight Council” (HSOC). The HSOC was created by the San Luis Obispo County Board of Supervisors on June 23, 2009 and its purpose is to lead, facilitate, and provide oversight for implementation of the 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness. A copy of the HSOC By-Laws can be obtained from the San Luis Obispo County Clerk-Recorder or from the San Luis Obispo County Planning and Building Department. As stated in its By-Laws, the role of the HSOC is as follows:
Role of the HSOC:
- Provide a planning and policy development forum, with local jurisdiction and public and private service providers actively participating.
- Compile and monitor data and information regarding the number of homeless persons and service utilization, working with service providers and local jurisdictions
- Advise service providers of opportunities and best practices to improve access to and strengthen homeless services
- Advocate for and provide local jurisdictions with recommendations on public funding allocations, based upon local needs and prioritized objectives within the “10-Year Plan to End Homelessness”
- Work with public and private partners, donors and grant makers to establish financial resources for service implementation, coordination and sustainability.
The term of appointment is three years. Membership is provided as follows:
- County Board of Supervisors, 1 member
- City Council Members, 7 members, one from each municipality
- County Government Service Providers, 1 member, selected from Behavioral Health, Planning and 1 vacancy
- Non-profit Service Providers, 3 members
- Local Businesses/Business Organizations, 1 member
- Law Enforcement, 1 member
- Local Academic Institution, 1 member
- Local Health Provider, 1 member
- Local Faith Community, 1 member
- Interested Community, 2 members, preferentially with homelessness experience
The application can be obtained by email from Jessica Lorance at email@example.com, and she can be reached (805) 781-1820 for more information.
Related Forms & Documents