An Environmental Assessment meeting Federal NEPA requirements has been prepared for the Los Osos Wastewater Project application for financial assistance from the USDA Rural Utilities Service.
Hard copies are also available for review at the following locations:
· County Public Works Department, County Government Center, 1050 Monterey Street, Room 207 in San Luis Obispo, CA, (805) 781-5252
· Los Osos Library, 2075 Palisades Avenue in Los Osos, CA
Any person interested in commenting on the Environmental Assessment should submit written comments to USDA Rural Development, 3530 W. Orchard Ct., Visalia, CA 93277 by May 28, 2010.
For ease of viewing, the NEPA Environmental Assessment has been divided into the following sections:
· Cover page and checklist
· Environmental Report
· Appendix A: Exhibits (large file, 14 MB)
· Appendix B: Summary of Mitigation
· Appendix C: Correspondence Part 1 (large file, 13.9 MB)
Appendix C: Correspondence Part 2 (large file, 14.3 MB)
· Revised Biological Opinion 2-9-11, issued by the US Fish and Wildlife Service.
The NEPA document incorporates, by reference, the Draft EIR and Final EIR prepared for the project according to California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) guidelines.