Information Technology is responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of all County enterprise information systems. The team is also responsible for the daily technical support of other organizations within the County such as: Board of Supervisors, County Administrative Office, Emergency Services, Airports, Parks, General Services, and Veteran’s Services. As a critical member of the County’s Governance processes, Information Technology chairs or actively participates on a number of committees and communities-of-interest.
- Provide enterprise services focusing on County-wide technology solutions
- Design, implement, and maintain a technical architecture that supports the computing infrastructure goals of San Luis Obispo County and is necessary to secure, support, protect, and enhance our County’s workforce in their daily jobs
- Operate a Project Management Office that leads enterprise-wide technology projects
- Maintain a robust public safety communications infrastructure in direct support of Sheriff, Fire, medical response, and general government operations
- Provide departmental specific services including custom software solutions to help with process improvements and technology solutions to improve departmental operations
- Support a centralized technical support “help desk" to address technical issues, access management, and hardware/software configuration
The County’s Information Technology Executive Steering Committee is a body who provides IT governance county-wide. The Executive Steering Committee follows a process to guide how departments, individuals, and groups in the County cooperate to manage technology while consistently being mindful of the “County Good.”
Information Technology is divided into several teams. Each team is comprised of highly-skilled and well-trained County staff members who are dedicated to delivering excellence to every customer. Teams that make up Information Technology include: Applications Software Development, Communications, Customer Advocacy, Departmental Support, Financial, Network Management, Operations, Project Management, Server Management, Technical Support, and Telephones.