About the Board of Supervisors
- Service to the Public: The majority of the Board's activities center around services to the public which are provided in its capacity as the legislative body of the County. Members of the Board of Supervisors represent the people residing within their supervisorial district, while also working for the general welfare of the entire County.
- Televised broadcasts of Board meetings: The Board seeks to reach and inform as many citizens as possible regarding the issues taken up at the weekly public business meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
- Annual County Audits: It is the Board of Supervisors' duty to examine and audit the financial records of the County. This program satisfies Federal laws relative to the auditing of federal monies received by the County.
- The Board of Supervisors meetings are held most Tuesdays beginning at 9:00 a.m. in the Government Center Board Chambers located at 1055 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo. Specific meeting dates can be found on the Board of Supervisors agenda page.
- Questions regarding an agenda item should be directed to the County Administrative Office at (805) 781-5011.
- Questions regarding action taken by the Board should be directed to the Clerk of the Board at (805) 781-5080.