To complete the registration process, you must do the following:
1. Complete and sign the appropriate application form
2. Provide payment of fees in cash or a check payable to the Clerk-Recorder. All fees can be found on the Fee Schedule.
||Recording fee for bond |
ID card photos (if provided by this office)
3. Bond for Process Server in the amount of $2,000.
4. Two identical photos for each ID card issued or this office can provide photos. (Photos are not required if you are registering a corporation or partnership)
5. Valid picture identification
6. At the time of filing the initial certificate of registration, the registrant(s) shall also submit a completed Request for Live Scan form confirming fingerprint submission to the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, in order to verify that the registrant has not been convicted of a felony. All persons applying must submit the Request for Live Scan.
7. Personally appear with all of the above in the office of the County Clerk-Recorder in the county in which you are registering.
||Complete the steps above|
||If the existing registration has not expired, the request for live scan is not required|
||The Registration number will remain in effect as long as there is no lapse in registration. If the registration is allowed to expire, a new registration number must be issued.|
Application for Process Server - Individual
Application for Process Server - Corporation/Partnership