SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY
COMMISSION ON AGING
- Provide current information about resources which meet the needs of the senior population
- Listen to concerns of the senior population.
- Recommend and advocate to the Board of Supervisors on behalf of the County’s senior population when action is needed to protect County senior services.
Areas of Concern
- Affordable senior housing
- Senior safety from abuse
- Senior isolation and depression
- Impact of current Health Care Reform
- Affordable services that keep people in their homes
- Transportation options
Who Serves on SLOCOA?
Appointees represent each supervisorial district; agencies such as the Area Agency on Aging, Department of Social Services, Adult Services Division; and senior service providers. In addition, there are five “at large” representatives who are knowledgeable about community senior issues, attend monthly meetings, and are willing to distribute news of concern to their senior peers.
Click here to view a listing of the Commission members.
Listed below are the dates of scheduled Meetings for the San Luis Obispo County Commission on Aging. The Commission meets the third Friday of the month from 10:00 to Noon at the:
San Luis Obispo Veterans Building,
801 Grand Avenue
San Luis Obispo, CA
Clicking on a past meeting date will display the agenda and, if available, the minutes for that meeting. Clicking on the current or future month will display an agenda only.
Click here for the most recent Agenda.
Members of the public are welcome to attend Commission meetings and provide input.
Click here to go to the Department of Social Services home page.
Click here to go to the Health and Well-Being page.
Click here to go to the San Luis Obispo County home page.