Kin-GAP is a child-only cash aid program for children who were dependents of the court and who reside in the home of a relative appointed guardian by Juvenile Court. Kin-GAP offers relative caregivers the option to provide a permanent home for related dependent children.
The monthly payment is the same amount the child received while in Foster Care. Kin-GAP is a separate program from Foster Care and from CalWORKs.
There are some eligibility requirements for Kin-GAP. Please call the Department of Social Services to obtain details and make arrangements to apply. Click here to find the office nearest you.
Other Important Information
- Kin-GAP application and renewal forms can be mailed in
- No face-to-face interview is required
- Monthly reports are not required though changes must be reported
- The Kin-GAP grant amount may increase as the child gets older
- Kin-GAP children are eligible to Medi-Cal with no share-of-cost