Questions Regarding an Advance Health Care Directive–
· What is an Advance Health Care Directive?
· Who decides about my treatment?
· How do I know what I want?
· Can other people help with my decisions?
· Can I choose a relative or friend to make health care decisions for me?
· What if I become too sick to make my own health care decisions?
· Do I have to wait until I am sick to express my wishes about health care?
· Who can make an advance directive?
· Who can I name as my agent?
· When does my agent begin making my medical decisions?
· How does my agent know what I would want?
· What if I don’t want to name an agent?
· What if I change my mind?
· What happens when someone else makes decisions about my treatment?
· Will I still be treated if I don’t make an advance directive?
· How can I get more information about making an advance directive?
Advance Health Care Directive Form [pdf 81kb]