The Injury Prevention Program consists of the Car Seat Program, Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety.
Free car seat checks by certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians (CPST).
Free elderly pedestrian safety classes.
For more information call Jacob Rich at (805) 781-4944 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Child Injury Prevention Coalition
The Injury Prevention Program is funded by a grant from the Office of Traffic Safety (OTS).
The California Office of Traffic Safety’s mission is to effectively and efficiently administer traffic safety grant funds to reduce traffic deaths, injuries, and economic losses.
Reduce total traffic fatalities and Injuries
Child Passenger Safety (CPS) activities will include:
· Educational outreach and trainings through media promotion, presentations to community groups, and NHSTA certified CPS trainings.
· Kindergarten classroom education on booster seat use.
· Car seat safety checkup events held in different areas in the county for parents and/or caregivers.
· Free car seats checks for members of the community.
Pedestrian safety will include:
· Pedestrian safety classes for older adults at senior centers throughout the county.
· Work with the Area Agency on Aging developing an educational outreach campaign that will be promoted to the media, to senior centers, to senior living facilities, and to senior congregate meal locations.
· Working with law enforcement to identify high accident areas and collaborate to address enforcement issues.
Bicycle Safety will include:
· Bike rodeos for children and parents, educating on the importance of bike safety and wearing helmets.
· Working with schools who have >50% free or reduced lunch in the implementation of a bike helmet policy. Each school will receive educational materials for parents and kids, as well as a school-wide bike safety assembly.
· Street Skills Workshops to Cal Poly college students teaching them how to ride safely, get noticed in traffic, and stress the importance of helmets.