If your child is eligible, CCS may pay for, or provide, services such as:
||CCS is a State program that treats children with certain medically eligible diseases, health problems or physical limitations. Through this program, children can get the health care and services they need. CCS will connect you with doctors and trained providers who know how to care for your child's special health care needs.
If you have a child with special medical needs, even if you think you make too much money to qualify, your child may still be eligible for CCS services!
CCS offices are located in every county in California; if you move within the state, your child's case can simply be transferred to the new location.
- doctor visits
- hospital stays
- lab tests and x-rays
- orthopedic appliances and medical equipment
- physical and occupational therapy (through the Medical Therapy Program)
To qualify for CCS services, your child:
- has a CCS medically eligible condition and
- is under 21 years old and
- the parents are permanent residents of San Luis Obispo County and
- the family’s adjusted gross income (on the previous year’s California Tax Form) was $40,000 or less; or
- when the estimated of out-of pocket expenditures for medical care for the child will exceed 20% of the family’s adjusted gross income or
- the child has health insurance coverage, Medi-Cal/CenCal or is uninsured.
Services available through CCS include:
medical case management
- Medical Therapy Program Services for children with cerebral palsy and other neuromuscular conditions
You (or your child's doctor) can refer a child by sending a completed application to CCS to determine medical eligibility.
Choose one and click here: PARENT/PATIENT application: in English in Spanish
New referral by DOCTOR/MEDICAL PROVIDER
|Fax your application to: (805) 781-4492 or mail to:
||San Luis Obispo County CCS Program
2180 Johnson Ave. - Annex
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Click here for a detailed, printable CCS program brochure: in English in Spanish
Click here for more information from the California State CCS Program
For more information about local CCS services in San Luis Obispo County, call our office at: (805) 781-5527 or (toll free) 1 (800) 660-3313