Questions about the Public Employees Pension Reform Act of 2013 (PEPRA), AB 340 may be sent to email@example.com or you may contact Human Resources at 805-781-5959.
Organization and Function
The majority of County employees are represented by employee organizations that have been granted exclusive representation rights under the County’s Employee Relations Policy. The County meets and confers with recognized employee organizations to develop Memoranda of Understanding (MOU). Links to current MOU's are found below in the Supporting Documentation section. These MOU's contain agreements between the County and employee organizations on wages, hours and working conditions.
Personnel policies, including the grievance and appeal process, are included in the Civil Service Commission rules.
Salaries and benefits for unrepresented employees including Management and Confidential employees, are set by Board of Supervisors' Resolutions. For current salary information for all classifications, please refer to the Job Salaries table.
How Labor Relations Functions in San Luis Obispo County
Labor Relations is organized and functions as follows:
- Board of Supervisors - determines and sets policy; reviews and approves MOU's, amendments and resolutions
- Management Representative - implements strategy
(Human Resources Director, Tami Douglas-Schatz)
- Labor Committee - advises Management Representative on strategies and makes recommendations to the Board of Supervisors
- Chief Negotiator - acts as Chief Spokesperson on behalf of Management Representatives at the bargaining table
- Table Teams - representatives from County management who assist the Chief Negotiator at the bargaining table
- Other HR Labor Relations staff - Dori Duke (Deputy Director - Human Resources), Lisa Winter (Personnel Analyst, Human Resources).
- Personnel Analysts are involved with Labor Relations as it relates to their departmental assignments
Current Members are:
Dan Buckshi, County Administrative Officer
Tami Douglas-Schatz, Human Resources Director
Rita Neal, County Counsel
Department Head at Large (currenty Jeff Hamm, Health Agency Director)
Supporting Documentation and Information
Questions? Contact Human Resources at 805-781-5959 or firstname.lastname@example.org