Few County Offices, Facilities Closed on Second Day of County Employee Strike
Author: Administrative Office
12/12/2018 11:39:29 AM
While most County offices and facilities are open today, some will be closed or have limited hours.
Most County of San Luis Obispo offices and facilities are open today, the second day of the San Luis Obispo County Employees’ Association (SLOCEA) labor strike. Relatively few services will be closed or have limited hours, including:
- Agriculture, Weights/Measures: The Templeton office is closed today. The San Luis Obispo and Arroyo Grande offices are open.
- Airport: The terminal is open, and the flight schedule will be uninterrupted, but the Airport’s business office is closed.
- Behavioral Health:
- Day treatment services, Therapeutic Learning Classroom services, and Martha’s Place are closed.
- Substance use disorder clinics are open with limited hours, 8 – 5 p.m. Closed for lunch from noon to 1 p.m.
- All other youth services, drug and alcohol services, mental health clinics, and prevention and outreach services are open.
- Clerk Recorder: The Atascadero office is closed today. The San Luis Obispo office is open.
- Library: Arroyo Grande, Atascadero, and Cambria branches are open today until 6 p.m. All other branches of the County library are closed today.
- Planning and Building: The office is open, but no land use permits will be processed today.
- Public Health: San Luis STD Clinic (2180 Johnson) is closed. All other clinics are open.
All other offices and facilities are open, but some services may be slightly delayed. County officials plan to provide similar updates again tomorrow. All employees are expected to return to work on Friday, December 14. Members of the public can report concerns related to strike activity and check for regular updates at www.slocounty.ca.gov/SLOCEA-Strike-Info.
For more information, contact CAO Wade Horton at (805) 781-5011 or [email protected].