Caution to Bidders:
As a bidder, you agree to the instructions, terms and conditions of this auction as stated herein. The highest bidder is legally obligated to complete the purchase. Failure to complete a purchase constitutes a breach of contract and may result in a bar from future sales.
- The Internet Public Auction starts at 8:00 a.m. PDT on Friday, May 15, 2020.
- The auctions will close in staggered groups ending at approximately 9:00 a.m. PDT on Monday, May 18, 2020.
- The bid increment is set at $100.
- Documentary Transfer Tax: In addition to the winning bid amount, a Documentary Transfer Tax is required to record the deed. The tax is at a rate of $.55 for each $500.
- This is an "as is" sale. For this auction the Tax Collector is offering the following for sale:
- Real Property
- A deeded interest in real property known as a "timeshare interval". A timeshare interval is a right to use a residential resort unit for a specified time during the calendar year.
- All Sales are FINAL, with the exception that the Tax Collector reserves the right to rescind the sale in the event that an error is discovered that may have affected the due process rights of the former owner. By participating in the Internet Auction, the bidder agrees to cooperate in the rescission of the sale if such an event occurs within one year of the sale of the property.
- All bidders must be at least 18 years of age.
- Payment must be received by the Tax Collector on or before Thursday, May 21, 2020. Payments will be accepted in the following manner:
- Cash (Do not mail)
- Cashier's Check
- Electronic Funds Transfer (The successful bidder will be contacted and provided with instructions and account information.)
Payments made by cash or cashier's check will be accepted at the Office of the San Luis Obispo County Auditor - Controller - Treasurer - Tax Collector during business hours located at: San Luis Obispo County Government Center, Room D-290, 1055 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93408.
A local computer terminal for Internet access will be available in the public service area of the Tax Collector's Office during business hours (M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.). Terminals are also available to the public at no charge at the San Luis Obispo County Public Library. For information on library internet services go to http://slolibrary.org/.
List of Properties
View the list of available properties which is updated as properties are pulled or redeemed. The properties on the list are those approved for sale by the Board of Supervisors. Missing sequence numbers indicate that the corresponding parcels are no longer available for sale.