Nomination Period is Open November 13 - December 8, 2023
Author: Erin Clausen
11/13/2023 2:22:20 PM
Anyone interested in running for one of the offices listed below must complete the necessary paperwork by 5:00 pm on December 8
Monday, November 13 signals the beginning of the nomination period for the March 5, 2024, Presidential Primary Election. Anyone interested in running for one of the offices listed below must complete the necessary paperwork by 5:00 pm on Friday, December 8. This deadline will extend to Wednesday, December 13 if the incumbent for an office does not file by the December 8 deadline. This extension period does not apply for party central committee or county council contests or when the incumbent is not running due to term limits.
The contests on the ballot include:
- Federal (Elected Nationally): United States President
- Federal (Elected Statewide): United States Senator (Partial/Unexpired Term), United States Senator (Full Term)
- Federal (Elected by District): United States Representative in Congressional Districts 19 and 24
- State (Elected by District): State Senator Districts 17 and 21, Member of the State Assembly Districts 30 and 37
- Judicial (Elected Countywide): Superior Court Offices 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 13
- County (Elected by District): County Supervisorial Districts 1, 3, and 5
- County (Elected Countywide*): Partisan offices of the County Central Committee/County Council Contests for all qualified parties except the American Independent Party (*The Democratic County Central Committee elects members by district)
Anyone interested in running for office is encouraged to call the elections office at 805-781-5228 to make an appointment so that their nomination papers can be prepared in advance.
In addition, the status of candidates who have been issued nomination papers, as well as qualified to be placed on the ballot, will be posted daily at slovote.com beginning November 13.