Adult Full Service Partnership (FSP)
The Adult Full Service Partnership (FSP) program provides 24/7 intensive community-based wrap around services to help people in recovery live independently. The FSP Program is an intensive case management Team that works with program participants on a variety of rehabilitative services. FSP programs are funded by the Mental Health Services Act.
The Adult Full Service Partnership (FSP) team is a community and wellness approach to engage persons at risk and targets adults 26-59 years of age with serious mental illness. The participants are usually unserved, inappropriately served or underserved and are at risk of institutional care because their needs are difficult to meet using traditional methods. The overall goal of Adult FSP is to divert adults with serious and persistent mental illness from acute or long term institutionalization and, instead, maintain recovery in the community as independently as possible.
The Adult FSP Teams (one in North County and one in SLO/South County) are each made up of mental health professionals who work in partnership with the clients they serve to explore individual mental health wellness and recovery using a “whatever it takes” brand of case management.
Behavioral Health partners with Transitions-Mental Health Association to provide a full range of services including:
- Supportive advocacy, case management, and rehabilitative mental health services.
- Regular appointments with psychiatrists and other mental health staff.
- Regular access to medical services.
- Highly individualized treatment planning and goal setting.
- Vocational and educational opportunities.
- The development of independent living skills, including cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, conflict resolution, money management, and social skills.
- Co-occurring disorder support groups for clients who also have problems with substance abuse.
- Activities designed to promote wellness and recovery within an integrated community setting.
The Full Service Partnership Program (FSP) focuses on encouraging each consumer’s recovery and pursuit of a full, productive life by working with the whole person, rather than only focusing on alleviating symptoms. Services and staff teams are fully integrated with the participant to give each member a range of choices; making the consumer the main decision-maker in his or her own recovery process.
Supportive FSP housing may be available, but adults and older adults who currently have their own housing may receive services and participate in activities in their homes and within the immediate community as well. Program participants are assisted in their efforts to gain the skills needed to make choices that reflect their own values, preferences, and goals; supports are developed to meet each person’s needs and to empower each individual to attain their highest level of independence possible.
Specialty FSP programs include:
For more information please contact our access line at 1 (800) 838-1381.