Services Affirming Family Empowerment (SAFE)
What is this service?
SAFE teams convene in four areas of the county: North, Coast, San Luis Obispo, and Arroyo Grande to provide various levels of service and provide multi-agency collaboration and coordination to seriously emotionally disturbed children and their families.
The SAFE team receives referrals and designs individualized, collaborative interventions. The goals of SAFE are:
- To reduce the number of children requiring out of home care such as foster home, group homes or hospitalization
- To reduce recidivism in Probation involved youth
- To improve school attendance; and to stabilize the child in their own home.
The SAFE team is comprised of the family, staff from the Behavioral Health Department, Department of Social Services, Probation, County Office of Education and various School Districts, The Link, CAPSLO, and other community agencies.
This service is available throughout the year during regular business hours except during scheduled holidays.
Each region of the county that a SAFE team is located has specific times for their interagency meetings. You can access them by calling the following locations.
- Paso Robles Link Family Resource Center 1802 Chestnut St., Paso Robles (805) 238-2775
- Atascadero Link Family Resource Center 6500 Morro Road suite A, Atascadero, CA 93422 (805) 466-5404
- Coastal Family Resource Center Sunnyside Elementary School 880 Manzanita Drive, Los Osos, CA 93402 (805) 235-6610
- San Luis Obispo Family Resource Center 1500 Lizzie St. San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 (805) 458-5499.
- South County SAFE 1086 Grande Ave, Arroyo Grande, CA 93420 (805) 474-2105
- Oceano Family Resource Center 1511 19th St., Oceano, CA 93445 (805) 474-3690
- Nipomo Family Resource Center 920 W. Tefft St., Nipomo , CA 93444 (805) 473-4373