May Mental Health Awareness Month
May is Mental Health Awareness Month and while things are a bit different this year, we are committed to bringing support and awareness to our community, because mental health matters! Below you will find a variety of FREE activities to do straight from your home to help show your support of mental health. Help to let others know you support mental health awareness by taking photos and sharing, and don't forget to tag us!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay in the loop with fun May Mental Health updates and activities!
Come celebrate May Mental Health Month social distancing style, and help demonstrate what SLO County is capable of when we break down stigma, build wellness, and strengthen our community!
Community members are encouraged to drive by one of the county's three locations to receive a sweet treat and a mental health care package. Drive by anytime from 11:30am-1:30pm on select dates to learn about all the ways you can receive virtual mental health supports during the COVID-19 pandemic.
***THIS IS A DRIVE THRU ONLY EVENT. BEHAVIORAL HEALTH STAFF MEMBERS WILL BE HANDING CARE PACKAGES OUT USING PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT FOLLOWING PUBLIC HEALTH GUIDELINES.***
Drive Thru Locations:
- Friday, May 15, 2020 from 11:30am-1:30pm in the Transitions-Mental Health Association parking lot, 784 High Street, SLO
- Friday, May 22, 2020 from 11:30am-1:30pm in the Paso Robles Library Parking Lot, 1000 Spring Street, Paso Robles
- Friday, May 29, 2020 from 11:30am-1:30pm in the Woman's Club of Arroyo Grande Parking Lot, 211 Vernon Street, Arroyo Grande
Related Forms & Documents
Frequently Asked Questions
- Wear GREEN to show your support for Mental Health Awareness!
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay in the loop with fun May Mental Health updates and activities, there will be a chance to win a prize!
- Download one of our activity pages and share your work on social media!
- Mental Health Matters Coloring Pages
- Take What You Need
- Mental Health Green Ribbon Wall Art Installation
- Print out a Green Ribbon to hang on your door to bring mental health awareness to your neighborhood.
- Phone a friend, family member, or colleague you haven't spoken to in a while to check-in. Mental Health Awareness takes a village!
- Do you have a yard, patio, or window that gets a lot of sun? Plant some flowers or your favorite edible plant and watch as it grows. Remember, healing and recovery take time.
- Show your neighbors and community your support for mental health with a green chalk drawing! Letting others know you are a safe space encourages help-seeking and reminds others that they are not alone.
Check out our Activity Guide for more information.
If you or someone you love is looking for Mental Health Services, please call our access line at 1-(800)-838-1381. To learn more about the Mental Health Services we offer, you may also visit our Youth Mental Health and Adult Mental Health web pages.
Please contact our access line at 1 (800) 838-1381 for information or to schedule an appointment. All services are available in Spanish.