What is this service?
With the support of Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) funding, Cuesta College provides high risk transitional aged youth (TAY) with supportive life-skill services intended to facilitate self-sufficiency and independent living - critical to successful early adulthood.
- Assistance with navigating the legal system
- Assistance with accessing medical care
- Assistance with accessing food and basic living needs (eg Cal-Fresh)
- Assistance with accessing shelter
- Nutritional education
- Financial literacy workshops
- Assistance with obtaining a driver’s license
MHSA models this program after the Independent Living Program to include graduating community school youth, Wards of the Court, homeless, and other high risk transitional-aged youth (TAY).