Cultivating Empowerment: Preventing Suicide in the LGBTQ+ Community with 6 CEUs
This course meets the Board of Psychology requirement for suicide prevention training.
By attending this presentation participants will be able to:
- Identify risk factors and warning signs for suicide that are specific to the LGBTQ+ communities
- Apply LGBTQ+ Affirmative Therapy integrated with evidence-based suicide prevention interventions effective in reducing suicide risk
- Link LGBTQ+ clients to appropriate suicide prevention resources in the community
- Identify stages of identity development most vulnerable to suicide risk and effective interventions to reduce risk
- Integrate safety planning into clinical work with LGBTQ+ clients at risk for suicide
For more information or to register for this event, click here.
|| Friday, May 17, 2019 9:00 AM
||The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, 2757 Shell Beach Road, Pismo Beach, CA 93449