Emergency Medical Services Agency
The EMS Agency is the local Agency having the primary responsibility for the administration of emergency medical services in the County. As defined in California H&S Code 1797.204, the EMS Agency shall plan, implement and evaluate an emergency medical services system. This is accomplished through public and private partnerships, agreements and regulatory mechanisms.
****Please note, we are transitioning from our old website sloemsa.org to this County of San Luis Obispo Website effective June 24, 2021. Information found on our old website (sloemsa.org), is not being updated and therefore may not reflect the most current information, fees, protocols or documents. If you have any questions regarding information on the old website, please call the EMSA office at 805-788-2519 to confirm the information, forms, protocols etc that you find there. Thank you for your understanding during the transition period.****
Office Hours: M - F, 8am - 5pm (closed on SLO County Holidays)
Walk-in hours have changed. To be seen in person, please call 805-788-2519 to make an appointment.
- AED Program (info coming soon)
- EMS Continued Eduction (CE) Provider Program (info coming soon)
- Controlled Substance Program (info coming soon)
- EMT (info coming soon)
- MICN (info coming soon)
- Paramedic (info coming soon)
SPECIALTY CARE SYSTEMS
- STEMI (info coming soon)
- TRAUMA (info coming soon)
- STROKE (info coming soon)
5 YEAR EMS PLAN
- 2012 - 2017 (info coming soon)
- Emergency Medical Dispatch (info coming soon)
- Transport Providers (info coming soon)
- Fire Departments (info coming soon)
- Local Hospitals (info coming soon)
- Weapons of Mass Destruction Guidelines (included under policies below)
- Pandemic Flu Prepration Guidelines (included under policies below)
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
Frequently Asked Questions
|EMS Division Director
||Vince Pierucci, EMT-P
||Thomas Ronay, MD, FACEP
||Mike Groves, EMT-P
||Kyle Parker, EMT-P
Click here to view the Map to 2180 Johnson Ave., San Luis Obispo
Once you are at 2180 Johnson Building:
- Enter the main entrance of the Health Campus (Old General Hospital), located at 2180 Johnson Ave, SLO
- To the right of the lobby is a hallway, turn left down this hallway and go past the sign for CMSP to the elevator (the one on the right side of the hall).
- Take the elevator to the 2nd floor. Exit the elevator and turn left. Go all the way to the end of the hall, through the archway
- We are the door on the right just before you get to the end of the hall.
Please call or email our Administrative Assistant for all questions.
Please email our Administrative Assistant, Sara Schwall ([email protected]), and EMS Coordinator, Rachel Oakley ([email protected]), your complete application packet in a PDF format.
- Hours of Operation: M - F, 8am - 5pm (closed SLO County Holidays)
- Walk-in hours have changed. To be seen in person, please call 805-788-2519 to make an appointment.
|California EMS Authority
||San Luis Obispo EMS APP