Public Records Act (PRA) Request for Environmental Health Program Information

What is the process?

How to Submit a Public Records Act Request

This form is not required to submit a request; however, this assists the Department identify records or data you are requesting and track your request.

PRA requests may be submitted:

  • Via Email:  Email completed form to: [email protected]               
  • Via US Mail:  Mail completed form to: 2156 Sierra Way, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401
  • In Person:  Submit completed form to front counter staff.

A response will be sent to you within ten* business days of receipt of your request by this office.  All payments are due at the time record reproduction is provided.                                        

*In some instances, the Department may require up to an additional fourteen (14) days to respond to a request as authorized by the Act.

Please note: The California Public Records Act (Government Code Section 6250 et. seq.) applies to writings in County files "containing information related to the conduct of the public's business prepared, owned, used, or retained by any state or local agency regardless of physical form or characteristics." The County will provide those documents to you, unless they are exempt from disclosure under the Public Records Act or other legal reasons that prevent the documents from being disclosed to the public. 

Who can use this service?

Anyone can use this service.

Is there a charge for this service?

Fees may or may not be assessed and are determined based on the nature of the request. Please contact our office at (805) 781-5544 for more information.

When and where is this service offered?

This service is available throughout the year during regular business hours except during scheduled holidays. 


Location, directions and hours of operation

Click on location name to show hours of operation, directions and phone information

Environmental Health Services Supervisors

Environmental Health Services is open Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm. 

Cindy Rattigan (805) 781-5544 [email protected]

Jeremiah Damery (805) 781-5548  [email protected]

  • Beach Water Quality, Cross-Connection, Land Use, Small Public Water Systems, Water Well Programs and Vector Programs

Leslie Terry (805) 781-5553  [email protected]

  • Body Art, Food Safety, Public Swimming Pools and Spa Pools

Linnea Chandler (805) 781-4917  [email protected]

  • Hazardous Materials (CUPA) Programs