This page provides information about Talkspace, a global leader in online therapy service.
Talkspace is now available to all medically enrolled employees and their dependents age 13+.
Any given year, 1 in 5 adults experience a mental health issue. It is likely you or someone close to you has struggled with a condition like anxiety or depression. During this unprecedented time of heightened stress and anxiety, it is important to support your mental health and overall well-being. The good news is professional support can change lives, and innovation is making access to mental health treatment more convenient than ever.
Talkspace is a global leader in online therapy. With a network of thousands of licensed clinicians, Talkspace is an online therapy service that connects users to a dedicated, licensed therapist from a secure, HIPAA-compliant mobile app and web platform. Users can send their therapist text, voice or video messages - anytime, anywhere.
County employees and their dependents age 13 or older enrolled in a County Medical Plan now have the ability to receive online messaging therapy at no cost by registering at talkspace.com/slo. Enter “San Luis Obispo” as the organization name when prompted. Talkspace communication is confidential and secure. The platform is designed to connect you with a therapist the same day you create your account. The County of San Luis Obispo will never know who uses the service or for what purpose.
You will need to revalidate your account every year. This is still free of charge for you, so long as you you are still medically enrolled on a County plan. See the FAQs section for directions on how to revalidate your account.
View the flyers under "Related Pages" to find out more.
If you need to transfer a prior account to County of SLO for free or for help changing a therapist contact Talkspace by emailing [email protected]
Purpose: As part of the revalidation process, all registered users must renew their Talkspace account to confirm their eligibility each year. This guide outlines the process users can follow to renew their Talkspace account and ensure continued access to the benefit.
- Revalidation occurs every 12 months from the date you first registered for an account. The Talkspace platform will remind you that your subscription is about to expire and ask you to revalidate your account.
- If you do not revalidate your account within a timely manner, your Talkspace subscription will expire. If this occurs, you can renew your account by contacting the Talkspace Support Team at [email protected].
Renew Your Account and Continue with the Same Provider
- Please reach out to the Talkspace Support Team at [email protected] and include:
- Why you are reaching out (i.e. to revalidate your account and remain with the same provider)
- The email address you used to register for an account
- The Support Team will respond within two (2) business days and will work with you to renew your account, as well as ensure you are matched with the same provider.
- Once the Support Team confirms your account revalidation was successful, you may continue to utilize the Talkspace benefit.
Renew Your Account and Change Your Provider
- Login to your account either through the Talkspace app or website.
- Navigate to "Settings"
- If you are using the app, this will be in the top right corner of the screen.
- If you are using the website, select your name at the top left of the screen and a drop down will appear.
- Select "Check my Coverage"
- Follow the prompts and complete the questionnaire.
- You will be matched with a new provider and a new private room will be created.
- You've successfully revalidated your account and may continue to utilize the Talkspace benefit.