The County’s Summer Childcare Reimbursement Program is now accepting applications for 2021!
The Summer Childcare Reimbursement Program is designed to assist County employees with some of the costs of summer childcare expenses for school aged children. Under this reimbursement program, you pick the summer childcare arrangement, enroll your child in the program and pay for the cost. You then submit an original receipt for your predetermined reimbursement. View the Guidelines under "Related Pages" below, or click here.
Who is Eligible to Apply for this Benefit?
Permanent Employees working 20 or more hours per week in the following bargaining units are eligible to apply for this program:
- BU 01: Public Services
- BU 02: Traders, Crafts & Services Unit
- BU 05: Supervisory Unit
- BU 11: Confidential
- BU 13: Clerical Unit
This program provides reimbursement for some of the cost of childcare for school-age children five years of age that have completed kindergarten through children age 14 who have completed the 8th grade. Reimbursements will be made during the summer school break only (June through August 2021). Families with gross earnings last calendar year of $83,950 or less are eligible to apply for the reimbursement program. A copy of your 2020 Federal tax return and 2020 W-2 form will be required.
Please be advised that childcare reimbursements, along with any other employer provided dependent care assistance are reportable to the IRS. Any childcare reimbursements issued by SLOCEA totaling $600 or more will generate a Federal Tax Form 1099 reportable to the IRS.
*Special announcement for 2021 only: COVID-19 conditions expand this qualification to include children under 5 years old and extend the deadline to June 30, 2021.
How to Apply
SLOCEA administers this program for all applicants. Applications are available here. A complete application form must be submitted to SLOCEA by June 30, 2021.
Contact SLOCEA at (805) 543-2021 or email [email protected]
Amino is the fastest, easiest, and smartest way to find and book healthcare. Amino has an award-winning personalized search engine puts everything from provider quality to cost comparisons right at your fingertips — helping you make confident choices quickly. When you’re ready, Amino’s expert Booking Assistants are standing by to schedule your appointment at the most convenient time for you. Skip the endless online research, skip the phone tag, and get right back to the moments that matter.
With Amino you can:
- Find affordable doctors, hospitals, and urgent care centers that take our insurance.
- Book appointments with providers via text or email through an Amino booking assistant.
- Track how much you’ve spent towards your health plan deductible.
Watch the Amino Introduction video here!
1-833-33AMINO, Monday - Friday, 8am to 8pm Eastern Time
Carrum Health is a surgery benefit that delivers an unparalleled experience. Carrum Health provides access to hand-picked surgeons that have lower complications, lower readmissions, and more experience as well as exclusive access to Centers of Excellence for qualified surgeries and a care concierge team that guides you through each step. These facilities and doctors provide for an improved patient experience, high quality of care, and zero or minimal out-of-pocket costs for surgeries and consultations.
Active employees, early retirees, COBRA participants and their dependents on EIA Health Anthem plans are eligible for this program. Watch this video to learn more about Carrum Health!
For a full list of eligible procedures, visit Carrum Health’s website below.
Call Carrum at 1-888-855-7806
The Deferred Compensation Plan also known as a 457(b) is a voluntary retirement savings plan offered by the County to enable employees to save for their future on a tax deferred basis. If you participate in the deferred compensation plan, you contribute biweekly payroll deductions to a retirement account. That money and any earnings you accumulate are not taxed until you withdraw them. The County's Deferred Compensation Plan is established and administered pursuant to Section 457 of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC). Contributions are limited to an annual maximum dollar amount, as established under the IRC. Benefits of participating in a deferred compensation plan include:
- Your contributions and any earnings to a 457(b) plan are tax-deferred
- Easy and automatic payroll deductions
- Change your contribution amount or investment mix at any time
- Low cost fees
- You may be eligible for a loan at competitive rates from your 457(b)
- Roth after tax contributions are also available to allow for a tax-free retirement income
The Deferred Compensation Plan is sponsored by SLO Pension Trust and the recordkeeper and provider of investment options is Nationwide Retirement Solutions.
Call Nationwide at 877-677-3678.
Phone center hours of operation are Mon-Thursday (8:30am-8:00pm EST) and Friday (8:30am-6:30pm EST)
Nationwide representatives assigned to San Luis Obispo County:
·Loren Farfan: 818-642-8191 [email protected]
Nationwide’s Interactive Retirement Planner Tool
Nationwide’s Paycheck Impact Calculator Tool
Nationwide’s Help Choosing Investment Funds Tool
Impact of Increasing Contributions
The confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Anthem can help you with things like stress, anxiety, depression, chemical dependency, relationship issues, legal issues, parenting questions, financial counseling, and dependent care resources. Best of all, it's free for employees and their family members.
Call your EAP at 1-833-954-1067 or access your EAP through www.anthemeap.com, company code "PRISM".
Help is available 24/7, 365 days a year:
- Four free counselling sessions with a local therapist
- Free will writing services
- Free 30-minute consultation with an attorney
- Free financial management tools
- Free webinars and resources on a variety of topics like aging parents, career management, parenting, health tools, and self-care.
- Access to Identity Theft Protection & Recovery
- Childcare & Parenting
- Work and Career Support
- Emotional Wellbeing
- AND MORE!
Date & Time
Best Practices for Working Remotely
July 14 | 9:30-10:30
August 12 | 9:30-10:30am
Increasing Your Mental Toughness
September 7 | 9:30-11:00am
Social Security Retirement Planning
November 10 | 9:30-10:30am
Parenting and the Internet
November 16 | 9:30-10:30am
December 2 | 3:30-4:00pm
Making the Most of Your Paychecks
February 9 | 9:30-10:30am
Disrupting Negative Thoughts
February 17 | 2:30-3:30pm
March 8 | 9:30-10:30am
March 24 | 9:30-10:30am
April 5 | 9:00-10:30am
To register for these trainings, please visit NeoGov Learn
The County of San Luis Obispo Sheriff's Employee Health Clinic is located at 1485 Kansas Ave in San Luis Obispo in the gray modular unit in the County’s Surplus Warehouse parking lot, next door to the Emergency Operations Center. All services perfomed onsite are free to employees of the Sheriff's Office and their covered dependents. There are no copays or out of pocket bills for employees.
The Employee Health Clinic also serves as a County Designated Workers' Compensation Provider. Any County employee who is injured while at work or working for the County, not just Sheriff employees, may visit the clinic and mention that they are an employee of the County and wish to be seen under Workers' Comp.
Livongo for Diabetes makes diabetes management simple. This new and personalized experience helps members understand their blood sugar, develop health lifestyle habits, and improve glycemic control. This program is available to all retirees that have Express Scripts for their pharmacy, including Medicare. Retirees enrolled in the Anthem EPO, PPO, and Medicare plans offered here at the County are eligible for this benefit.
Livongo uses data and technology to monitor your personal health status and gives you support when you need it. Coaching and recommendations tailored to your specific needs will help you manage your diabetes in the long term.
With Livongo, you will get:
- Effortless Data Collection: Members will receive a free cellular meter that provides real-time feedback for glucose readings, unlimited strips and lancets, removing barriers for checking, as well as food and activity tracking to better understand lifestyle habits.
- Personalized Health Signals: Members will have access to health challenges that drive small daily changes that result in big wins. Health nudges deliver call to action when members are most receptive during their daily life.
- Human-Centered Approach: Members have 24/7 remote monitoring with emergency outreach in the event of and out of range reading as well as access to 1:1 live coaching from Livongo expert coaches.
To sign-up for Livongo, visit the website below or call Member Support.
Registration Code: PRISM
Member Support: (800) 945-4355
Make sure to have your Pharmacy ID available to validate eligibility.
Talkspace is now available to all medically enrolled employees and their dependents age 13+.
Any given year, 1 in 5 adults experience a mental health issue. It is likely you or someone close to you has struggled with a condition like anxiety or depression. During this unprecedented time of heightened stress and anxiety, it is important to support your mental health and overall well-being. The good news is professional support can change lives, and innovation is making access to mental health treatment more convenient than ever.
Talkspace is a global leader in online therapy. With a network of thousands of licensed clinicians, Talkspace is an online therapy service that connects users to a dedicated, licensed therapist from a secure, HIPAA-compliant mobile app and web platform. Users can send their therapist text, voice or video messages - anytime, anywhere.
County employees and their dependent age 13 or older enrolled in a County Medical Plan now have the ability to receive online messaging therapy at no cost by registering at talkspace.com/slo. Enter “San Luis Obispo” as the organization name when prompted. Talkspace communication is confidential and secure. The platform is designed to connect you with a therapist the same day you create your account. The County of San Luis Obispo will never know who uses the service or for what purpose.
View the flyers under "Related Pages" to find out more.
The County cares about the Wellness of our employees. Please view the related pages below to learn more about how the County supports your physical and mental health.
Reimbursement forms must be submitted by March 15 of each year for expenses incurred in the prior calendar year. For example: Calendar Year: January 1 – December 31, 2020 expenses must be submitted by March 15, 2021 to be eligible for reimbursement.
The Management/Confidential Wellness Reimbursement Benefit provides up to $200.00 for one of the six health maintenance alternatives during the program year.
The program is by calendar year, from January 1 - December 31.
Who is eligible for this program?
- Reimbursement is dependent upon bargaining unit. This benefit is available to employees in Bargaining Units 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, and 17.
- Employees in Bargaining Unit 04 only are eligible for reimbursement up to $300 per program year.
Read the Wellness/Fitness Benefit Form for all details related to this program.
Complete the Wellness Claim Form via e-forms in NeoGov e-forms by logging into NeoGov and filling out the Wellness Reimbursement e-Form. You will be required to upload your receipt as proof of payment to the e-Form.
The Post Employment Health Plan (PEHP) is designed to help employees defray the cost of health care after separation from County service. There are two different types of PEHP accounts offered by the County and your account type is determined by your bargaining unit. When you retire or separate from County service, you can submit claims for qualified medical expenses to be reimbursed by the funds in your PEHP account.
Bargaining Units 01 - Public Services, 13 - Clerical, 05 - Supervisory and 02 Trades & Crafts
- County contributions of $50 per month for each eligible employee are placed in the employee's PEHP Universal Reimbursement Account with Nationwide Retirement Solutions
- Contributions are tax-free
- All initial contributions default into the most conservative investment option within a variable annuity
- Employees may choose more aggressive funds by contacting Nationwide Retirement Solutions to complete an Employee Allocation Form
- After separation of service, the PEHP account can be used to pay qualified medical expenses which are not covered by health insurance including expenditures such as glasses, prescription drugs, deductibles and co-pays.
Bargaining Units 04 - SLOGAU, 06 - DA Investigators, 07 - Management, 08 - General Management, 09 - Appointed Department Heads, 10 - Elected Officials, 11 - Confidential, 12 - DCCA, 15 and 16, - Sheriff's Managers and 17 – Supervisors, 27 and 28 – Sworn Deputy Sheriff’s Association
- Upon termination, the first portion of any sick leave payoff as currently provided for in MOU or by County Ordinance Code §2.44.060(i)(l) - will be contributed directly to the individual’s PEHP Insurance Premium Reimbursement Account
- The Insurance Premium Reimbursement Account works just like its name suggests -- it reimburses qualified health insurance premiums paid by you. This includes any qualified health insurance premiums, dental and vision insurance premiums, Medicare Part B and Medicare supplements and qualified Long-Term Care premiums
Tuition reimbursement forms must be submitted no later than June 30, 2021 for the 2020-2021 FY.
The County provides Tuition Reimbursement for work related and Department Head approved expenses. This benefit varies by Bargaining Unit and is subject to funds availability each fiscal year.
Who is eligible for this program?
- County employees represented by Bargaining Units 01, 02, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13, 17, 31, and 32 are eligible for reimbursement.
After reviewing the instructions and determining your course or training is eligible for reimbursement, please sign up, attend, and pay for the course or training.
Please keep proof of payment and course completion as they will be required for reimbursement. Follow the directions below to submit a tuition reimbursement form:
- Proof of payment must be attached to your employee tuition reimbursement form, and is required to receive your reimbursement. (Proof of payment can be a: cancelled check, bank statement with copy of check, credit card bill, invoice showing payment, or receipt for cash payment)
- Proof of completion, attached to your employee tuition reimbursement form, is required to receive your reimbursement.
- After successful completing of the course or training, complete the Employee Tuition Reimbursement Form through NeoGov e-Forms. You will be required to provide proof of payment and gain you department head’s approval.
- Upload a copy of the course description or training agenda, proof of payment, and certification of course completion to the e-Form and have your department head sign.
Please allow four (4) weeks for your claim to be processed.