Libraries' Summer Reading Program Reaches Record Number of Patrons
Author: Library Administration
9/12/2019 1:44:21 PM
During the 2019 Summer Reading Program the Libraries had 5,293 people of all ages participate. Below is an infographic with more Summer Reading Program facts.
The summer months of 2019 saw a strong demand for of library programs and materials. This includes a record number of participants in the children’s, teen and adult Summer Reading Programs. Here are a few statistics:
- 5,293 people participated in this year’s Summer Reading Program.
- 163,960 people visited library branches in June and July.
- 11,274 people attended the 548 free programs offered.
- Patrons checked out 538,110 books.
- 873 people attended 20 outreach events.
- 2,106 lunches were served to local children through the Summer Lunch Program.
"Our communities asked for more adult programs, so we partnered with California State Parks and Hearst Castle to bring living history fashion shows, virtual tours of the castle, and more, all of which were well attended,” noted Adult Services Coordinator, Sharon Coronado. “Thanks to our Foundation, we offered pretty sweet prizes too with the bi-plane ride, zip line tour, and the staycation basket with a free house cleaning. My favorite part of the year is calling the winners and hearing their excitement, it makes me start wanting to plan next summer right away!"
For more information about the County of San Luis Obispo Public Libraries please visit slolibrary.org. For regular updates you can subscribe to the Library News.