e-Permit submittals will be unavailable beginning close- of-business day Friday, February 2nd, 2018


PLEASE NOTE: the e-Permit process is currently only available to California licensed contractors and only in residential zones classified RMF, RR, RS, and RSF.

The construction permit types listed below are available as ePermits and may be applied for and issued online. A valid credit card and access to a printer (to print receipt and construction permit) are required in order to utilize the ePermit process.

Interior Drain Repair
For replacement of an existing sewer line inside a house, condominium or apartment.
Exterior Sewer Lateral Repair
For replacement of an existing sewer line between the house, condominium or apartment and the public sewer lateral line at the property line.
Water Heater Replacement
For replacement of an existing gas or electric water heater in the same location.
Water Piping Repair or Replacement
For replacement of existing interior or exterior water piping for a single family dwelling or auxiliary structures.
Electrical Panel Replacement
For replacement of the existing main electrical panel up to a maximum of 200 amps., in the same location, for a single family dwelling.
Forced Air Heating/Air Conditioning Unit Replacement
For replacement of the existing residential FAU, in the same location, for a single family dwelling.
Add or Repair Lighting, Switches and Receptacles
For new lighting or repair of existing lighting, switches and receptacles for a single family dwelling.
Finish Repair, Residing, Plastering, for Interior and Exterior Walls
For repair and/or replacement of exterior siding and exterior cement plaster wall finishes, as well as repairs and partial replacement of interior wall finishes for single family dwellings.
Residential Photovoltaic System
For installation of residential roof or ground mounted solar panels, using a micro-inverter.

Related Forms & Documents

Online E-Permit Guide
Photovoltaic (Solar)

Property Information

Our interactive Land Use View mapping application can be used to look up property information by assessor parcel number (APN) or address.

Launch Application

Customer Service Survey

Let us know how we're doing! Please provide your opinions and comments by completing our brief Department of Planning & Building customer survey.

Take the Survey