Cannabis Ordinance Amendments Available for Public Review
Author: Department of Planning and Building
6/4/2020 4:00:15 PM
On March 26, 2019, the San Luis Obispo County Board of Supervisors directed Planning and Building staff to prepare amendments to the current cannabis ordinance, which are being considered as “Phase III.”
The proposed amendments to the current Cannabis Ordinance include:
- More enforcement actions for illegal cannabis activities, including options and situations related to a three-strike policy.
- An increase in buffer distance from schools and other sensitive receptors.
- Disallowing the payment of water offset fees over the Paso Robles Groundwater Basin.
- Prohibiting re-permitting if an operation ceases or violation occurs (no “revolving door”).
- Requiring enclosed ventilation systems on indoor grows.
- Revising standards for ancillary nurseries to be encompassed in the overall cannabis cultivation area.
The Board also directed staff to further explore the following items. A discussion of these items will be included in the staff report and are not included in the draft ordinance amendments.
- Options to consider for the elimination of outdoor grows.
- Explore allowing drying in hoop houses.
June 25, 2020 – Review by Planning Commission
August 18, 2020 – Review by Board of Supervisors
The Public Hearing Draft of the Cannabis Phase III Ordinance Amendments (Inland and Coastal) is available for review as a downloadable PDF. The revisions are highlighted with strikeouts (deleted text) and underlines (added text).
Submit written comments for review by the Planning Commission by June 24, 2020 to the attention of:
Kip Morais, Planner II, via email [email protected].
Hard copy correspondence can be sent to the following address:
Department of Planning & Building
ATTN: Phase III Cannabis Ordinance Amendments/Kip Morais
976 Osos Street, Room 300
San Luis Obispo, CA 93408