Electronic Process for Submitting Planning Applications
1. Navigate to the Citizen Self-Service Permit Portal (CSS).
2. Click ‘Apply’.
3. Click ‘Planning Applications’ to apply for a Land Use Permit, Subdivision, Pre-Application Meeting, or Time Extension (for a previously approved Land Use Permit or Subdivision).
4. Click ‘Apply’ on the desired type of application.
5. Enter the project details and other relevant information, as requested by the system.
6. Upload the completed Land Use or Subdivision application form and any other application materials in PDF format as ‘Attachments’.
7. Click ‘Submit’. Your electronic application is now created.
Note: You will receive a new Planning Case number with an invoice, which you can pay online.
Application review begins upon receipt of both payment and electronic files.
If you would like additional assistance, we are here to help. Contact us by phone at 805-781-5600 or email: [email protected].
Interactive Maps (Land Use View)
Our interactive Land Use View mapping application can be used to look up property information by assessor parcel number (APN), plan or permit number, or address.
Launch Land Use View Application
Online Services (CSS)
The County of San Luis Obispo provides online services through our Citizen Self-Service (CSS) Permit Portal to submit building permit and planning applications, request a building inspection, research permits and property information, and to pay fees.