Skip to main content

COVID-19 Updates: Get the latest public information related to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) at


BY PHONE – 805-781-4060
BY MAIL – Make Checks or Money Orders payable to:

County of San Luis Obispo Probation Department
1730 Bishop Street
San Luis Obispo CA 93401

Return to the top of the page

Request Change of Plea

What is the process?

Step 1: Request to Change a Plea

Paperwork to start the Change of Plea process may be obtained at the San Luis Obispo Probation Department or by an attorney. Once completed, it should be filed with the Court. The Court will then request a report be prepared by the San Luis Obispo Probation Department.

Who can use this service?

Anyone can use this service.

Is there a charge for this service?

There is a $75.00 dollar processing fee for using this service.

When and where is this service offered?

Persons under probation supervision can start the application process for Change of Plea with the Probation Department or the San Luis Obispo Superior Court.