Download a Community Resource Card for specific information on local food banks, shelters and other services or download en español para Servicios Comunitarios del Condado de San Luis Obispo.
Note: The Community Resource Card is updated by another agency and sent to us with the updates every year.
If calling from within San Luis Obispo County, call the United Way at 2-1-1 to speak with a specialist who will help connect you to services or search a comprehensive list of available services in your area at United Way SLO 2-1-1.
*Note: People’s Kitchen serves hot meals at Prado Day Center
For a map of services available in our area please go to:
Forms & Documents
Most warming centers give their opening information to 211. Please call for opening updates.
- South County Warming Center (Grover Beach). 1935 Newport Ave. Grover Beach. For regular text message updates about when the warming center will be open please sign up by calling 5 Cities Homeless Coalition at (805) 574-1638. Pets are permitted to stay in parked vehicles overnight.
- North County Warming Center. (Paso Robles). Location varies. Please call 211 for updated information about days that the center will be open or call 805-712-4710. Please plan on being at the location NO LATER THAN 5:30 pm on the evening that they wish to stay at the Warming Station (held at a different location every night). EXCEPTION: On Sunday nights, Persons desiring to stay at the Warming Station MUST appear at Peoples' Kitchen NO LATER THAN 4:30 PM. Paso Cares has arranged for Ride-On transportation to and from Peoples' Kitchen. No pets.
- North County Warming Center #2. (Atascadero). St. Williams Church 6410 Santa Lucia Rd. Atascadero. For information about openings please call 805-539-3778 after noon. The particular center opens when the weather is 35 degrees and below or has a 50% chance or higher for rain. It opens at 8pm.
- Prado Day Center in San Luis Obispo. 43 Prado Rd. San Luis Obispo. Please call 211 for updated information about days that the center will be open. Pets allowed.
- Coast Warming Center (Los Osos). The location varies between the Community Center, Red barn, School. For information about the opening and location please call 805-592-2701
Information about Warming Center Transportation can be found on the document attached to this page, see below.
Related Forms & Documents
Contact Social Services
Child and Adult Hotline Information:
- If you suspect there is an emergency requiring immediate intervention, call 911
- To report suspected child abuse or neglect call the 24 hour Child Abuse Hotline at (805) 781-KIDS (5437) or toll free 1-800-834-KIDS (5437)
- To report suspected elder abuse or neglect call the Adult Services Hotline at (805) 781-1790 during regular business hours, or after business hours call (844) 729-8011