Community Connection Events
The Department of Social Services and Veteran Services host a community outreach event 4 times per year regionally in San Luis Obispo County.
The Community Connection Outreach Event excels in connecting the most vulnerable population of San Luis Obispo County to vital resources. At our one-stop shop event we will link participants to difficult-to-obtain services including health care, behavioral health, employment assistance, legal assistance, and much more.
We are always looking for passionate individuals who would like to volunteer at the events. The events for 2019 have been scheduled:
• South County Event: August 13, 2019 from 1:30pm-4:30pm at Oceano Community Center
• North County Event: October 30, 2019 from 10am-2pm at Estrella Hall at the Paso Robles Event Center
If you are interested in volunteering please contact Jessica Lorance at [email protected]
Are you an interested Community Member/Organization? How You Can Help . . .
Volunteer at a Warming Center in SLO County
Warming centers depend on volunteers to help staff the centers and several warming centers around the county are seeking volunteers to help provide a warm, dry place for people who are homeless. Warming centers in SLO County include:
- Arroyo Grande Warming Center in Arroyo Grande. Please call the 5Cities Homeless Coalition for more information at (805) 574-1638.
- Paso Cares North County Warming Center in Templeton and Paso Robles. Please call (805) 712-4710 for more information.
- Prado Day Center in San Luis Obispo. Please call (805) 786-0617.
- Atascadero Warming Center. Please email Mary Lipscomb at [email protected]
Point in Time Count 2021
The Point-in-Time (PIT) count is a count of sheltered and unsheltered homeless persons on a single night in January. HUD requires that Continuums of Care (CoCs) conduct an annual count of homeless persons who are sheltered in emergency shelter, transitional housing, and Safe Havens on a single night.
Local Agency Volunteer Opportunities
Stand Strong https://standstrongnow.org/volunteer/
Food Bank/Glean SLO http://www.gleanslo.org/volunteer.php
Paso Cares https://www.volunteerslo.org/agency/detail/?agency_id=45847
Family Care Network https://www.fhcn.org/opportunities/volunteer/
Los Osos Cares https://www.losososcares.com/
SLO County Office of Education https://www.slocoe.org/
If you would like to be added to this page please contact Jessica Lorance at [email protected]