Pesticide Use Complaints

Who can use this service?

Anyone can use this service.

Is there a charge for this service?

This service is provided free of charge.

When and where is this service offered?

This service is available throughout the year during regular business hours except during scheduled holidays.

Location, directions and hours of operation

Click on location name to show hours of operation, directions and phone information

Arroyo Grande Office

Monday - Friday 8-4

810 West Branch Arroyo Grande, CA 93420

Tel: (805) 473-7090

Fax: (805) 473-7094

Templeton Office

Monday - Friday 8-4

350 North Main Street Templeton, CA 93465

Tel: (805) 434-5950

Fax: (805) 434-5953

San Luis Obispo Office

Monday - Friday 8-5

2156 Sierra Way San Luis Obispo , CA 93401

Tel: (805) 781-5910

Fax: (805) 781-1035

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I complain about problems with a pest control or fumigation company?

You may contact the San Luis Obispo County Agricultural Commissioner/Weights & Measures Department at (805) 781-5910, the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) or the Structural Pest Board to complain about a pest control or fumigation company.  

Where can I go to see if a Pest Control Company is registered to do work in San Luis Obispo County?

Call the County of San Luis Obispo Agricultural Commissioner/Weights & Measures Department at (805) 781-5910 and ask for a pesticide inspector.  

Where do I complain about illegal pesticide spraying?

Contact the County of San Luis Obispo Agricultural Commissioner/Weights & Measures Department at (805) 781-5910, to complain about illegal pesticide spraying. When possible, it is always best to contact the Agricultural Department while the pesticide application is occurring and to be very specific about what, when and where you observed the pesticide application. If you are leaving a voice mail or e-mail message please include information on how we may contact you in the future. 

Where do I find out more information about specific pesticides?

Contact the manufacturer of the pesticide or chemical.
Check online sites. For example: or 
Contact the County of San Luis Obispo Department of Agriculture/Weights & Measures at (805) 781-5910.  

Current Job Openings in the Department of Agriculture / Weights and Measures

Agricultural Inspector/Biologist I/II and Agricultural Inspector/BiologistTrainee

Agricultural Inspector/Biologist I/II / Trainee is part of a career series for Agricultural Inspector/Biologist Trainee and Agricultural Inspector/Biologist I, II and III. Classes in this series perform a wide variety of inspections to enforce the provisions of the California Food and Agricultural Code, California Code of Regulations, California Business and Professions Code, Structural Pest Control Act, Government Code and County Code pertaining to agricultural and environmental regulations in one or more of the following agricultural program areas: 1) pesticide regulation, 2) investigation and environmental monitoring, 3) integrated pest management, 4) commodity regulation, 5) pest prevention and plant regulation, 6) agricultural land use planning, and 7) agricultural statistics; provide emergency response; and do other related work as required.

More Info for Inspector/Biologist I/II

More Info for Inspector/Biologist Trainee