Real Property Services (RPS) monitors County-owned vacant lots and hires independent contractors for annual weed abatement on County-owned vacant lots and improved lots.
Anyone concerned about weeds or trees on County-owned real property is encouraged to contact Real Property Services.
Typically, local Fire Departments have authority for weed abatement in your community. Please contact the following authorities to report concerns or get information on weed abatement.
- Arroyo Grande, Five Cities Fire Authority Vegetation Management (805) 473-5486
- Atascadero, City of Atascadero Fire & Emergency Services (805) 470-3300
- Avila Beach, Cal Fire Station 62 (805) 595-2115
- California Valley, Cal Fire Station 42 (805) 475-2322
- Cambria, Cambria Community Services District (805) 927-6240 or (805) 927-6223
- Cayucos, Cal Fire Station 16 (805) 995-3372
- Creston, Cal Fire Station 50 (805) 238-4343
- Grover Beach, Five Cities Fire Authority, Vegetation Management (805) 473-5486
- Los Osos, Los Osos Community Services District (805) 764-1053
- Morro Bay, City of Morro Bay Fire Department (805) 772-6242
- Nipomo, Cal Fire Station #20 (805) 929-3911
- Oceano, Five Cities Fire Authority, Vegetation Management (805) 473-5486
- Paso Robles, City of Paso Robles Department of Emergency Services (805) 227-7560
- Pismo Beach, City of Pismo Beach/ Cal Fire Station 64 (805) 773-7031
- San Luis Obispo, City of San Luis Obispo Fire Department (805) 781-7380
- San Miguel, San Miguel Community Services District (805) 467-3388
- Santa Margarita, Cal Fire Station 40 (805) 438-5426
- Shandon, Cal Fire Station 51 (805) 238-4957
- Templeton, Templeton Community Services District (805) 434-4900
Who can use this service?
Anyone can use this service
Is there a charge for this service?
This service is provided free of charge.
When and where is this service offered?
This service is available throughout the year.