Latino Outreach Program
One of the first programs funded through the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA), this service provides a full array of mental health services in the community that are culturally appropriate for both Latino adults and children/youth.
Therapists in the program are Bilingual/Bicultural and work to increase access to mental health care for monolingual Latinos and to eliminate the stigma associated with mental illness and treatment amongst the Latino population.
Please phone 1 (800) 838-1381 for information or to schedule an appointment.
The Behavioral Health Department has fully re-opened all of our locations for in person and walk-in care. At this time, masks are required at all of our facilities, even for people who have been fully vaccinated. Visit SLOPublicHealth.org for the latest COVID-19 updates.
Who can use this service?
Latino Outreach Program participants must meet medical necessity for Specialty Mental Health Services and want their services in Spanish.
Is there a charge for this service?
Ongoing services are free for SLO Medi-Cal (CenCal) beneficiaries with full scope Medi-Cal. We help SLO residents who do not have Medi-Cal find resources and may provide some services on a sliding scale basis.
There is no cost to families who qualify for Educationally Related Social Emotional Support Services (ERSESS).
When and where is this service offered?
This service is available throughout the year during regular business hours except during scheduled holidays.
Services are available at the following Clinic and Family Resource Centers sites:
- Paso Robles Drug and Alcohol Clinic 805 4th Street, Paso Robles, CA 93446 (805) 226-3200
- North County Clinic 5575 Hospital Way, Atascadero, Ca93422 (805) 461-6060
- San Luis Obispo Youth Services Clinic 1989 Vicente St. #12, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405 (805) 781-4179
- Sunnyside Elementary School 880 Manzanita Drive, Los Osos, CA 93402
- South County Clinic 354 S. Halcyon Rd., Arroyo Grande, CA 93420 (805) 473-7060
- South County SAFE 1086 Grande Ave, Arroyo Grande, CA 93420 (805) 474-2105
- Oceano Family Resource Center 1511 19th St., Oceano, CA 93445 (805) 474-3690
- Nipomo Family Resource Center 920 W. Tefft St., Nipomo , CA 93444 (805) 473-4373
Some services are delivered at school sites by arrangement.
Location, directions and hours of operation
Click on location name to show hours of operation, directions and phone information
1086 East Grand Avenue Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
805 4th Street Paso Robles, CA 93446
2178 Johnson Avenue San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
1989 Vicente Drive San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
354 South Halcyon Road Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
5575 Hospital Drive Atascadero, CA 93422
277 South Street Suite T San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Frequently Asked Questions
Services can be accessed by calling 1 (800) 838-1381.
Generally you can see a therapist for an assessment within fourteen (14) days.
Call 1 (800) 838-1381 and explain your situation. A clinician is there and can assist you in accessing more urgent services as needed.
Please contact our access line at 1 (800) 838-1381 for information or to schedule an appointment. All services are available in Spanish.
Licensed by the State Department of Health Care Services.