Mobile Body Art Facility Health Permitting

What is the process?

Step 1: Review Operational Requirements

Read and comply with the Requirements for Body Art Facility reference document. Please note additional requirements may apply if the facility is to undergo construction/remodel or recently underwent construction/remodel. View Information regarding Mobile Body Art Facility Construction.

Step 2: Submit Application

Submit a completed Health Permit Application for Mobile Body Art Facility form. Please note, health permits are non-transferrable.

Step 3: Pay Health Permit Fee

The permit fee is due with the application. Please refer to the Environmental Health Permit Fee Schedule for more information.

Step 4: Schedule Inspection

Contact us if you have any questions or to schedule an inspection of your Mobile Body Art Facility prior to opening for business

Step 5: Await Inspector Approval to Begin Operation

It is unlawful to begin operation of a new Mobile Body Art Facility without first receiving approval from an inspector and a valid Health Permit to Operate affixed to the vehicle.

Upon completion of an initial inspection, the inspector will affix a health permit sticker to the vehicle indicating approval to begin use of the vehicle. A paper Health Permit to Operate will be mailed within 2-4 weeks after receiving inspector approval.

This service is available to all businesses wishing to obtain an initial permit or renew a permit to operate a Mobile Body Art Facility to be operated within San Luis Obispo County.

Please refer to our Fee Schedule or contact our office at (805) 781-5544.

This service is available throughout the year during regular business hours except during scheduled holidays.

Please visit us, email us, contact us, or call our office to begin the process.

Location, directions and hours of operation

Click on location name to show hours of operation, directions and phone information

Environmental Health Services Supervisors

Environmental Health Services is open Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm. 

Leslie Terry (805) 781-5553  [email protected]

  • Beach Water Quality, Cross-Connection, Land Use, Small Public Water Systems, Water Well Programs and Vector Programs

Aaron LaBarre (805) 781-5595  [email protected]

  • Body Art, Food Protection, Swimming Pools and Spas

Peter Hague (805) 781-5554  [email protected]

  • Hazardous Materials (CUPA) Programs