Voya Long Term Disability Insurance
This page provides information on the employer paid Voya Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance benefit.
Long term disability (LTD) coverage pays you a percentage of your income if you cannot work due to an injury or illness preventing you from performing your job functions over a long time. The County offers voluntary long term disability insurance to any employee that does not receive employer paid long term disability insurance.
- Long term disability benefits typically begin after short term disability benefits end
- Vocational rehabilitation services are available to assist you in returning to work when possible
- While you are receiving benefits from Voya, they may waive some insurance premiums
- It is important to know that benefits are reduced by income from other sources like workers' compensation and Social Security.
- If you leave your job, you may be eligible to convert your long-term disability coverage and take the policy with you
Voluntary Long Term Disability (LTD)
All County employees are eligible to participate except for employees that are covered by another long term disability policy. Eligibility varies by bargaining unit. This is an employee paid benefit. Disability premiums are calculated based on your age and salary and will change throughout your coverage.
This benefit will only be displayed for enrollment if you are eligible. Employees can enroll without providing an evidence of insurability (EOI) form if they apply within 31 days of first becoming eligible. An EOI form will be required for all other enrollees.
When you become disabled, you must complete a waiting period meaning that you are absent from work due to the same disability for 360 consecutive days before benefits are payable. Any days that you are able to work after the start of your disability will not count towards your elimination period. See the plan document for all details.
Voluntary Long Term Disability (LTD) - Employee Paid
|Monthly Benefit Amount
||Plan pays 60% covered monthly earnings
|Maximum Monthly Benefit
|Minimum Monthly Benefit
||$100 / 10%
|Waiting Period: Accident or Sickness
||360 days of disability
|Maximum Payment Period
||Social Security Normal Retirement Age
||3 months gross monthly benefit
Employer Paid LTD
The County provides employees in select Bargaining Units with employer paid Long Term Disability insurance. When you become disabled, you must complete a waiting period meaning that you are absent from work due to the same disability for 90 consecutive days before benefits are payable. Any days that you are able to work after the start of your disability will not count towards your elimination period. You may be eligible for Short Term Disability payments during this time if you enroll in Voya’s Voluntary Short Term Disability plan, which is employee paid. See the plan document for all details.
Employer Paid Long Term Disability (LTD)
|Monthly Benefit Amount
||Plan pays 66 2/3% of monthly earnings
|Maximum Monthly Income Benefit
|Minimum Monthly Income Benefit
||90 days of disability
Group Name: PRISM Health
Group Number: 316407
Account: 37 – County of San Luis Obispo
For instructions on how to submit an Evidence of Insurability (EOI) form, please visit the EOI Form Instructions webpage.
Rates vary and will change with salary and age throughout the life of your plan. See plan document or BenXcel.net for your personalized premium.
- Voluntary LTD will pay you 60% of your income up to a maximum of $10,000 per month, after you reach the 360 day waiting period.
- Employer Paid LTD will pay you 66 2/3% of your income up to a maximum of $10,000 per month, after you reach the 90 day waiting period.
Voya Group Name: CSAC EIA
Voya Group Number: 316407
Voya Account Number: 37 – County of San Luis Obispo