Submit a Claim for Reimbursement (FSA & HSA)
This page has information regarding submitting a reimbursement claim for an eligible expense from your FSA/HSA.
You can receive reimbursement for eligible FSA or HSA expenses. You can request reimbursement by utilizing your debit card for automatic reimbursement or submitting a paper reimbursement form. Expenses over $700 will all require additional documentation.
You have several options for reimbursement, including direct deposit or paper checks. You can also schedule when you would like to receive your reimbursements throughout the year, in bi-weekly, monthly, or even one annual installment.
In order to submit a claim for reimbursement, you must be registered with My SmartCare. If you do not have an account, you can find instructions for registering your debit card and account by visiting the Debit Card Registration page.
How to Submit a Claim for Reimbursement
- Login to the My SmartCare Portal
- Select "CLAIMS" from the menu bar across the top of the dashboard. Select "Submit Claim" from the dropdown menu.
- The CLAIMS DETAILS screen will appear. Complete as much of the electronic form as possible.
- All required fields are marked with a (*)
- Use the COMMENTS section to provide any additional information on your claim that was not included in the form, but that may be helpful for processing purposes
- Click "NEXT"
- The DOCUMENTATION screen will appear. Click "Attach a Claim Receipt" to upload a copy of your receipt (or other documentation) into your claim
- Uploaded files must be the following types: .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .tif, .tiff, .xls, .xlsx, .doc, .docx
- If you do not have any receipts for your claim, it will likely be denied due to lack of substantiation
- Click "NEXT"
- A CONFIRMATION SUBMISSION screen will appear for you to review your claim details for accuracy.
- Read the important message in the yellow agreement and acknowledgement box. Check the box if you agree.
- Click "SUBMIT"
- A THANK YOU message will appear once your claim has been successfully submitted to BCC for processing.
You may also submit a paper claim form, attach the receipt and submit:
BCC is the third-party administrator for all FSA accounts
Phone: (800) 685-6100
Email: [email protected]
Customer Service Center Hours
Monday - Thursday: 5:00am - 5:00pm PT
Friday: 5:00am - 3:00pm PT
The Call Center can assist with questions regarding account balance, claim status, substantiation, debit cards, check reimbursement, eligible expenses, My SmartCare registration, and other general FSA/HSA questions.
See the Qualifying Expenses list or check out the online FSA store. For questions on whether an expense is reimbursable contact BCC.
Yes, you can submit a claim manually for eligible expenses anytime on the MySmartCare website, mobile app or using the paper form.