This page has information about the County's mental health benefit, Headspace.
Welcome to your new brain health benefit! Headspace’s full spectrum of services is available to all medically enrolled employees and dependents age 13 and older.
What is Headspace?
Headspace is mental health support for every life moment. Headspace will help you care for your wellbeing through guided meditation, coaching, clinical therapy, psychiatric services, and mindfulness tools. You will receive personalized care, specifically tailored to your needs.
Headspace provides access to a continuum of services designed to meet multiple needs including:
- Mindfulness App – evidence-based meditation and mindfulness tools. Meditation and mindfulness have been shown to help people stress less, focus more, and sleep soundly. Headspace is your personal guide to exercises for meditation, sleep, focus, and movement.
- Coaching – on demand, unlimited 24/7 mental health virtual coaching through text messaging. Coaches are here to guide you through challenging emotions, help you reach your well-being goals and refer you to a clinician if you need more support.
- Therapy and Psychiatry –clinical care is available through live face to face therapy with an experienced clinician as well as psychiatric support, when needed. All copays are waived for visits.
- Members can expect to be matched with a therapist within 5-10 business days and 10-14 business days for psychiatry.
Get Started with Headspace
Step 1: Choose "An employee or primary plan holder"
Step 2: Confirm Eligibility
- Type your last name
- Use your Employee ID number
- Include four zeros (0) in front of your Employee ID number. Example: 000012345
Step 3: Confirm your Date of Birth
- Enter you date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
Step 4: Create Your Account
- If you are new to Headspace, select "No, I need to a create a new one."
- Enter your name, email address, and create a password.
- For email, consider using a personal email as this is the email that Headspace will use to send communications.
- If you previously have used Headspace, select "Yes, I already have an account."
- Enter in your existing login and password
Step 5: Complete a Short Assessment
- Once you create your account, you may be prompted to take a short assessment to help Headspace create personalized recommendations suited to you.
Step 6: Download the Mobile App
- Use the QR code at the end of the survey to download the mobile app.
- Search for and download the app via your mobile app store.
Step 7: Login to the App using your Email and Password
Email: [email protected]
Group Code: SLO
To sign up for the County's Headspace benefit, use the County's Headspace sign up link.
- Use the County Headspace sign up link.
- When prompted, choose “No, I do not have an account” if you are new to Headspace or “Yes, I have an account” if you have an existing Headspace account
- If you answer no, please go ahead and sign up for a new account. If the answer is yes, login to your existing account.
- Use the company code: SLO
- Click the “Verify” button in the activation email to activate your new membership.