Public Works Public Records Request

What is the process?

Submit a Public Records Request

A CPRA Request may be submitted by completing the online CPRA Request Form, or by submitting a completed PDF version of the request form to the Department of Public Works via one of the following methods:

  • Email: [email protected];
  • Fax: (805)-781-1229; or
  • US mail or in person: 976 Osos Street, Room 300, San Luis Obispo, CA 93408.
  • US Mail: Mail completed form to: County Govt Center, Room 206, San Luis Obispo, CA 93408
  • In Person: Submit completed form to front counter staff at 976 Osos Street, Room 206, San Luis Obispo, CA 93408.

Receive a Response to your Public Records Act Request

A Public Works representative will provide a response within 10 calendar days of the receipt of your request. In some instances, Public Works may require up to an additional 14 days to respond, as authorized by the Act.

Who can use this service?

Anyone can use this service.

Is there a charge for this service?

This service is provided free of charge.

When and where is this service offered?

In-person requests are available throughout the year during regular business hours except during scheduled holidays. Electronic requests may be sent at any time, year round.

Location, directions and hours of operation

Click on location name to show hours of operation, directions and phone information

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Public Works via web form, email, or call us at (805) 781-5252.