Open Position: Traffic Operations and Roadway Safety Engineer – Transportation Division
The Traffic Operation and Roadway Safety Unit is in responsible charge of circulation and corridor studies, traffic code regulation, roadway traffic control devices, traffic signal design and timing, etc. for safe and efficient movement of vehicles, cyclists, and pedestrians on the County Maintained Road System.
The role of the Traffic Operations Engineer includes three primary areas of responsibility:
1. Review, comment, and approval of all proposed developments, improvements, or changes impacting traffic operations and safety within the County Maintained Road System via the development and/or encroachment permit process.
2. Serve as technical expert in support of all maintenance and repair projects affecting County traffic control devices and/or roadway safety elements including coordination with the general public, staff, outside agencies, and community groups.
3. Develop, analyze, and maintain, various transportation mandates and engineering reports in support of capital improvement projects to improve County roadway traffic operations and safety.
The ideal candidate would have some of the following experience:
Loves working in the field and office and is passionate about the field of traffic engineering.
- Has knowledge and experience with the CA MUTCD, CVC, and other related regulations.
- Experience completing speed surveys.
- Experience with traffic signal design, operations and timing. Synchro experience preferred.
- Understanding of and ability to review traffic related plans from private development and Public Works projects.
- Experience applying for grant funding.
- Ability to interact with and present solutions to local constituents and agencies.
Please contact Rachel Naccarati at 805-781-5269 or [email protected] with any questions about this position.
For a more detailed description of the position and how to apply, Click Here.