Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program

Who can use this service?

In order for small disadvantaged firms to participate as a DBE in FHWA-assisted contracts, they must apply for and receive certification as a DBE. In California, DBE certification is performed by the certifying agencies of the California Unified Certification Program (CUCP).  Information regarding how to become a certified DBE is available through Caltrans Office of Business & Economic Opportunity website.

Is there a charge for this service?

This service is provided free of charge.

When and where is this service offered?

This service is available 24/7 through the Caltrans Office of Business & Economic Opportunity website.

Contact Public Works via web form, email, or call us at (805) 781-5252.