Neighborhood Watch Interactive
What is this service?
The Neighborhood Watch Interactive program from the County of San Luis Obispo Sheriff's Office allows for a neighborhood watch program in any unincorporated area of San Luis Obispo County from the comfort of one's living room.
Who can use this service?
To receive services directly from the Sheriff's Office regarding the Neighborhood Watch Program, please visit the Sheriff's Office website.
Is there a charge for this service?
This service is provided free of charge.
When and where is this service offered?
This service is available at anytime online through the County of San Luis Obispo Sheriff's Office Neighborhood Watch Program website.
Frequently Asked Questions
To report a suspicious activity or crimes in progress, visit the Neighborhood Watch page.
The following is outlined by the County Sheriff's Office as suspicious activity:
- Someone running from a car or home.
- Someone screaming.
- Someone going door to door in the neighborhood or looking into windows and/or parked cars.
- A person(s) who appears to have no purpose wandering through your neighborhood.
- Breaking glass or the sound of a door being kicked.
- Vehicles moving slowly at night without lights.
- Someone removing property from a closed business or unoccupied home.
- A stranger in a car who stops to talk with a child.
- Offers of merchandise available for a price that does not match the value of the item.
- Hand to hand transactions from cars or on the street.