Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA) Program

Who can use this service?

To be an eligible for DEA you must be the son, daughter, or spouse of:

• A Veteran who died, or is permanently and totally disabled, as the result of a service-connected disability. The disability must arise out of active service in the Armed Forces.
• A Veteran who died from any cause while such service-connected disability was in existence.
• A Servicemember missing in action or captured in the line of duty by a hostile force• A Servicemember forcibly detained or interned in the line of duty by a foreign government or power.
• A Servicemember hospitalized or receiving outpatient care for a VA determined service-connected permanent and total disability may be eligible for DEA benefits.

Is there a charge for this service?

This service is provided free of charge.

When and where is this service offered?

This service is available throughout the year during regular business hours except during scheduled holidays.

Location, directions and hours of operation

Click on location name to show hours of operation, directions and phone information