Commission on Aging
SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY
COMMISSION ON AGING
Kathleen Bellefontaine & Roger Randall
- Provide current information about resources which meet the needs of the senior population
- Listen to concerns of the senior population.
- Recommend and advocate to the Board of Supervisors on behalf of the County’s senior population when action is needed to protect County senior services.
Areas of Concern
- Affordable senior housing
- Senior safety from abuse
- Senior isolation and depression
- Affordable services that keep people in their homes
- Transportation options
A presentation by the Commission on Aging that displays the local, State and national facts about the growing aging population and their increased economic, housing and healthcare vulnerability. View the Vulnerable Seniors presentation.
Who Serves on SLOCOA?
Appointees represent each supervisorial district; agencies such as the Area Agency on Aging, Department of Social Services, Adult Services Division; and senior service providers. In addition, there are five “at large” representatives who are knowledgeable about community senior issues, attend monthly meetings, and are willing to distribute news of concern to their senior peers.
View a listing of the Commission members.
The Commission meets the third Friday of the month from 10:00 to Noon (except December) at the:
San Luis Obispo Veterans Building,
801 Grand Avenue
San Luis Obispo, CA
Agenda & Minutes - Prior Years
Members of the public are welcome to attend Commission meetings and provide input.
If you have comments or questions for the San Luis Obispo County Commission on Aging please contact us at (805) 235-5779 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Related Forms & Documents