The County of San Luis Obispo Department of Social Services provides public services that promote self-sufficiency, health and well-being. These programs help ensure the protection of children, the elderly and dependent adults, and provide a safety net for individuals and families who need assistance with basic necessities, such as food, housing and health care.
We partner with the community to enhance self-sufficiency while ensuring that safety and basic human needs are met for the people of San Luis Obispo County.
A responsible and caring community: Safe, Resilient, and Healthy
- We strive to eliminate poverty and abuse
- We believe all people have strengths
- We work together to assist in removing barriers and finding solutions
- We strive to meet the unique needs of each community, family, and individual
- We commit to fairness and equity
Contact Social Services
Child and Adult Hotline Information:
- If you suspect there is an emergency requiring immediate intervention, call 911
- To report suspected child abuse or neglect call the 24 hour Child Abuse Hotline at (805) 781-KIDS (5437) or toll free 1-800-834-KIDS (5437)
- To report suspected elder abuse or neglect call the Adult Services Hotline at (805) 781-1790 during regular business hours, or after business hours call (844) 729-8011