County Social Media Comment Policy and Posting Guidelines
Acceptable Use Policy for the Public
The County of San Luis Obispo uses social media as a way to communicate important information to the public. The content on each social media platform, including your comments, may be subject to the California Public Records Act and may be retained as public record. You participate in this forum at your own risk. We will never ask for your personal information in this forum.
- Do not use this service to report an emergency or issue requiring immediate attention. If you have an emergency, please call 9-1-1 (in the USA) or contact the emergency office near you. For any urgent issue, please contact the appropriate authority or department via phone for assistance.
- While this is an open forum, your comments and posts must be relevant to the topic under discussion and appropriate for a general audience. Inappropriate or off topic comments are subject to deletion, and you may be blocked from making further comments.
- We do not allow graphic, illegal, obscene, explicit, or discriminatory comments.
- Comments intended to defame anyone or any organization, or to advertise commercial products or services, are not allowed.
- Do not include links in your comments; comments that include links may be edited to remove the link.
- Do not post any sensitive or personal information here, including your address or telephone number. In addition, ensure that your web browser and antivirus software is up-to-date.
Although we cannot assume responsibility for comments posted by the public, when a comment is deemed to violate this policy, it will be removed and the account under which it was posted may be blocked.
Please see The Twitter Rules and Facebook Community Standards.